Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Dozen Free Mac OSX Applications I Couldn’t Live Without -part 4


MPEG Streamclip
This must be my all-time favourite out of the many free applications you can find on the web.



I do a lot of editing and very often I only receive a small (email-able) mpeg. Converting such an mpeg for use in an edit program such as FCP or Avid (or even iMovie) can be a tricky issue. Not any more!
Squared 5 offers a great solution to extract streams/ (batch) convert mpegs. It even handles .vob conversion end can fix time code breaks.
I’ll post some small, but very useful tutorials for this app when I'm done with the list.
You might want to consider getting the QuickTime MPEG2 codec as it is in combination with this app a deadly combo for everyone that is active in both editing and dvd-authoring.
When I buy a new mac it’s guaranteed the first application I'll download and install!
To download this remarkable piece of software go to the site of squared5 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment